What does your company do and what value do you create today?
Kinema specializes in the sale, installation, and maintenance of lifts, loading equipment, and access systems. We are characterized by customer focus, which we have achieved through trust, mutual respect, and openness. Our investments and contributions to technology, product development, and people have ensured the consistent development of the company, as a result of which we have achieved a solid market leader position in Estonia. At Kinema, we firmly stand for the world to be a better and safer place day by day.
What motivated you to join GreenDice?
One of Kinema’s permanent goals is to deliver nature and resources sustainably. We are always oriented on how to do better and even more fiercely, so we strive for innovation and innovations every day and are one step ahead of others. Most of Kinema’s products are used in industries and buildings, where we can contribute to sustainability and energy efficiency through our products – a well-installed and high-quality passage system for a company or private building prevents heat loss, thereby eliminating unnecessary energy consumption. In this way, our products make it possible to support the maintenance of the living environment and reduce the ecological footprint. GreenDice follows the same sustainable principles in its operations and can help us in creating a more informed consumer culture of computer technology.
Have you implemented green and circular economy principles in the company and how?
We value the size of our ecological footprint and do our best to keep it as small as possible.
- We consume green energy at Kinema, which is produced by an autonomous solar power plant installed on our roof.
- We organize waste management responsibly, and plan, procure and use materials sustainably in order to optimize the use of natural resources and minimize the waste generated as a result of our activities.
- Years ago, we switched to a completely paperless administration, while we also control the generated useless digital content to directly reduce the CO2 footprint.
- We use new and “cleaner” vehicles for business trips, most of which are environmentally friendly hybrid cars. In this way, we significantly save fuel consumption and release significantly less carbon dioxide into the environment.
- Energy-saving and maintenance-free LED lighting has been installed in our buildings.
Why is it important for you to contribute primarily to the development of Estonia and the rest of society?
Green solutions, and caring for people and society are the way to a better future. We want to take some of this responsibility and work within the company to reduce our carbon footprint on the environment in every part of the value chain in any way we can.